I had several of you ask for the step by steps of the updo I created from the #btconeshot17 awards. Here are still photos of the steps and instructions of how-to create it! Hope you enjoy! 🌸
1. Start by creating a diagonal tear drop dutch braid in the back. Secure with an elastic at the nape.
2.Create a horse shoe shaped section on the crown. Lightly twist and pull the section through the first braid loop. Secure with bobby pin if needed.
3. Taking a diagonal forward section at the temple on the side opposite of the the clients part, create a lace fishtail braid. Loop the braid through the second braid loop. Secure with pin if needed.
4. Take a forward diagonal section on from the opposite side, splitting the front section into 2. Lightly twist away from the face, pull on twists to create an airy feel, and pull section through 3rd braid loop in the back.
5. Continue taking forward diagonal sections working from right to left, Crisscross the hair through the anchor braid in the back until you reach the nape.
6. Take 2 inch wide sections of hair from one side, lightly twist away from the face, pull on twists to create an airy feel, and secure the section onto a small 1/2inch section on the opposite side with an elastic.
7. Continue taking sections from right to left, lightly twisting away from the face, pull on twists to create an airy feel, and secure with an elastic on a small piece of hair on the opposite side. Do this until you think you are finished.
8. Detail upstyle by using hair pins, hairspray, and pull out pieces to create a whimsical feel.